AuthentiSci is currently undergoing beta testing. Any data generated by users of the website or browser extension will be used for testing the software and will be deleted when the testing period ends.
What information do we collect and why?
What information we collect during your use of the extension will depend on whether you are just using it to check scores of existing articles or are a validated researcher submitting scores for articles.
For users browsing the web and viewing article scores no information is collected. If you request a score for a site that has not been scored the request will be recorded anonymously.
For researchers logging in via ORCiD we will collect and store:
- your ORCiD identifier
- your email address
- your temporary access token (which ensures you remain logged in across interactions with the extension)
- your scores and comments you submit to the platform
We will also access details from our public ORCiD profile to make sure you meet our minimum standards for submitting scores to our platform.
Our team will have access to your data to ensure the smooth running of the platform.
How we store your data
All interactions between the plugin and our platform are encrypted using industry-standard secure communications over SSL. We are based in the United Kingdom and store all data in the London datacenter of Amazon Web Services.
We will keep your ORCiD identifier, name, scores and comments indefinitely, but should you wish to have this information removed from the platform get in touch at email@example.com.
Sharing your information
We will not share any personal information with third parties unless required to by law. As a researcher on our platform, your scores and comments about articles will be shared with the general public.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will usually respond within a few business days, but in any case within a month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.